Broken Or Cracked Tooth? Relieve The Pain
If you have suffered a cracked or broken tooth, you could end up experiencing a painful toothache. Getting to a dental professional is the best decision that you can make to get relief from the pain. A sound dentist will also provide you with dental treatment that can repair and protect the tooth. Rabile Family Dentistry offers fast, pain-free, and affodable solutions to cracked and broken teeth. Call us now at (972) 756-9557 to get relief from your pain and to fix your tooth.
If you can’t see your dentist right away, there are something you can do on your own to help relieve that pain. Here are some suggestions:
- Do not consume beverages that are very hot or very cold. The break or crack has more than likely exposed the tooth’s dentin layer, which can cause severe pain if exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Avoid beverages and/or foods that are very acidic or have high sugar content, as they may bother the tooth and cause the pain to worsen.
- Use a pain medication from the over the counter, but carefully follow the instructions to not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Floss between any teeth that are cracked or broken. Removing plaque or food particles could help reduce tooth pain.
- Place a temporary filling over the hole or crack in the tooth. There is an over-the-counter temporary filling material available at many pharmacies.
- Elevate your head while sleeping. Some of the pressure within the area of the toothache may resolve with the elevated head thus reducing the pain.
- Use warm salt water to rinse. Rinsing with warm salt water two or three times a day can help the pain. The warm salt water serves as an antiseptic, so it cleans the area of bacteria.
While a broken or cracked tooth may have pain that comes and goes, don’t be fooled. More serious complications can occur if you fail to have the tooth repaired. As soon as you notice a toothache, fillout our online contact form and we’ll contact you to set up an appointment.