What Not To Eat (Or Drink) After Teeth Whitening
It is not uncommon to see people getting their teeth whitened to brighten up their smile. However, many people don’t realize that they need to protect their sparkly white teeth after they have had them whitened.
Carelessly eating certain food items within the first 24 hours of getting your teeth whitened can cause you a great deal of discomfort and damage to your pearly whites.
The foods you should avoid
Avoid foods which can either stain your teeth or cause damage to them.
The staining foods
White teeth can improve your appearance and make your smile alluring. To keep them for being discolored soon after they have been whitened, avoid the following.
- Dark chocolate and products containing this ingredient can easily discolor your teeth.
- Coffee can cause the teeth to become stained. Wait for about 2 days before starting to consume it again.
- Smoking must be avoided for as long as possible as it causes the whiteness to rapidly fade away.
- Red wine is also highly staining. Stay away from it for a few days.
The damaging foods
Acidic food substance can easily damage your teeth. Here are foods you should stay away from:
- Citrus foods like lemons and oranges are highly acidic and can be very damaging.
- Avoid drinking soft drinks as they tend to increase the acidity of your saliva.
- Pickles are also acidic and must be avoided at all costs.
What else should you avoid?
Experts say that teeth are extremely sensitive to cold substances immediately after a whitening session. This sensitivity carries on for about 24 to 36 hours. During this period, avoid eating cold foods like ice cream and frozen yogurt.
Not only is red meat acidic, but it can also discolor your teeth. Avoid eating it for a few days after having your teeth whitened.
Get expert help
Visit Rabile Family Dentistry is a well-established professional dental clinic in Irving TX. We offer affordable teeth cleaning and whitening services, and provide you with the best advice on how to keep your healthy and attractive.
If you are looking for a good dentist in Irving TX, come to Rabile Family Dentistry. To avail our excellent dental services, call 972-756-9557 or in get in touch with us via email email@example.com.